When it comes to cosplaying, the amount of products you can use on your face to achieve that flawless anime look, can take a pretty good toll on your actual skin.
The hunt to find those great products, to keep that blank canvas of yours clean and healthy is unnerving! I have used so many low to high end products and nothing has worked! So lately, I have been looking for more natural ways to keep my skin feeling clean, clear, and moisturized.
So I went on a Pinterest Hunt for some of the best DIY facial moisturizers and I came across beauty blogger Lisa Pullano and her DIY Day and Night creams. Through those creams, I came to discover and understand the benefits of Rosehip Seed Oil and Evening Primrose oil.
I am in love with these oils and with rose water. I have oily/combo skin, a bit of redness on my nose and cheeks, horrible blackheads and whiteheads (that no amount of facials could help, they only created more) and a bit of acne. So for the last week, I have been taking evening primrose oil capsules once daily and applying the oil to my face twice. Once in the morning and for night-time, I mix Rosehip oil with the Evening Primrose for an extra boost. After a week of using them, my skin is looking amazing! My acne is diminishing, the horrible whiteheads on my cheeks are almost all gone, my blackheads are clearing out and the redness has toned down. I have also noticed a difference in how less oily my skin is and it has also helped the dry patches! I am so amazed and so excited!
If you want to know more about these awesome oils scroll below.
Rosehip Seed Oil Benefits:
– It is a dry oil, so it sinks into the skin
– This oil is packed with vitamins, antioxidants, and essential fatty acids
– Helps Reduce the Appearance of Scars, Burns, and Stretch Marks
– Treats fine lines and wrinkles
– Hydrates Dry Skin
– Evens Skin tone
– The Rosehip Plant is found in Chile
– Over 70% of Rosehip Seed is Fatty Acid – Which is great for skin!
– Rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin A and linoleic acids about 44.1%
– Linoleic Acids help in dealing with acne and oily Skin
– Check out this blogger’s post on linoleic vs Oleci in essential oils
—> Minimalist Beauty
– When buying Rosehip Seed Oil it is best to find products that state that the seeds have been cold-pressed. By using the cold-pressed method the oil retains a lot more of its healing benefits.
Evening Primrose Oil Benefits
– Contains Essential Fatty Acids
– Helps with Eczema and other skin-related problems
– Boosts blood circulation which is helpful for tired skin and eyes
– Anti-Aging Properties & Boosts Cell production
– The Evening Primrose Plant is found in Eastern and Central North America
– Was originally used to heal wounds
– Used to help PMS & Headaches
– Has very high levels of the essential fatty acid “gamma-linolenic acid” (GLA), also known as “omega-6
– Contains 15% gamma-linolenic acid
– Contains 70% linolenic acid
All About Rose Water
Rose Water Benefits
– Helps Maintain skin’s pH balance
– Antioxidant Properties & Anti-bacterial
– Helps fight acne, dermatitis, and eczema
– Hydrates, smoothes, and moisturizes
– Calms stressed skin
– Helps with Dark Circles & Puffiness
– Pure Rose Water should only have two ingredients: Roses and Water
– You can buy it at grocery stores
– It enhances moods, helps relieve nervous tension and calms the mind
– As a Facial toner
– As a Cleanser
– Used To Set Makeup (I use this on my beauty blender!)
– Add to spray bottle to refresh dry and tired skin
– Face Masks
These products are great for my skin!
Have you tested them out? Did they work for your skin type?